Thanks for visiting, my name is Barry O’Donovan.
I am standing as the Green Party candidate for the Clare County Council local elections in the Killaloe Municipal District Electoral Area because I believe a green voice is vital.
I believe that improvements in local services are more vital than ever. We need to build resilience in our community and economy.
- Increased public transport means we all need to take the car less
- Footpaths and cycleways will make our roads safer to use
- Building more homes
- Insulated homes are more comfortable and cheaper to heat
- Local markets to connect farmers and consumers mean better prices
The Killaloe Local Electoral Area covers East Clare and most of Mid-Clare. There are 5 seats and I am asking for your support to ensure there is a Green Voice on Clare County Council for the next 5 years.
The decisions we will make over the next few years are going to impact the quality of life for generations to come.
We need to have a green voice helping to shap those decisions and ensuring that they are inclusive, integrated, effective, affordable and sustainable.
I need your help to be that green voice by giving me your 1st preference vote on the 24th of May.
My Priorities Include:
- Efficient & Affordable Housing
- Low carbon options for transport
- Building Vibrant Living Communities
- Empowering Local Economic Opportunites